Seeking treatment for a heroin or prescription painkiller addiction can be an intimidating experience. However, at Willamette Valley Comprehensive Treatment Center, we aim to make the process of beginning treatment as streamlined, productive, and worry-free as possible. Our helpful and dedicated staff works closely with each patient to alleviate any concerns and answer any questions about the treatment we offer. This commitment to quality patient service begins with our admissions process, which can start with a phone call to our center.
When you contact our center, you will be informed of our pre-admissions criteria, which all patients are required to meet in order to receive treatment at Willamette Valley Comprehensive Treatment Center. If you meet the below listed criteria, you are eligible to begin your recovery journey with us:
- You must be age 18 or older
- You must be opioid dependent for a minimum of one year
If you fit this patient profile, you can schedule an assessment with our staff. It is important for all new patients to be aware of the following information before scheduling an assessment:
- You will need to show a valid form of identification, which can include a driver’s license, state ID card, or passport.
- You will need to report to your assessment in a state of withdrawal, not having used heroin or any painkillers for at least 20 to 24 hours. (Note: This policy does not apply to pregnant patients, those who have been discharged from a detox program, or those transferring from another medication assisted treatment program.)
- You must allow 3 to 4 hours to complete your assessment at our center. We require this window of time in order to complete a thorough assessment of your treatment needs.
- If you intend to use your insurance, you must bring your insurance card with you.
- You must be prepared to pay for your intake upfront.
During your assessment, you will complete the following:
- A physical with one of our physicians
- A drug test
- A TB test (unless you can provide documentation that you have taken a TB test within the last two years)
- A pregnancy test (female patients only)
- All required paperwork required for admission to our center, which can include a release of information for our staff to coordinate care with other treatment providers if you are receiving another form of treatment elsewhere
Upon completion of your assessment, one of our on-site physicians will determine your admission status and decide if you will be given medication on your first day. It is important to know that all patients do not receive medication on their first day at our centers, as this decision is made on a case-by-case basis.
If you have any questions about our admissions process, feel free to contact our center. Our helpful team of professionals is available to answer any questions that you may have and can schedule your assessment on a date and at a time that is convenient for you. At Willamette Valley Comprehensive Treatment Center, we are here to help you finally break free from the grips of an opioid addiction.